About Us

The James M. Lloyd House...

After the original home on the property at what is now 103 S. Bardstown Road was destroyed by fire in 1880, James M. Lloyd constructed a new home for his family.  This historic two story, three bay structure with a central hall rests on a limestone foundation.  The frame and weatherboard siding were hewn from yellow poplar by the Collier Buck Mill of Mt. Washington.

The home remained in the Lloyd family until 1989 when it was donated to the Mt. Washington Historical Society by Mr. Kenneth R. Lutes in memory of his wife Anita Ann Dooley Lutes, a great-granddaughter of James M. Lloyd.  The Lloyd House was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1993.

The Historical Society continues in its quest to rehabilitate the home to serve as a meeting place, research center and museum dedicated to preserving and sharing the legacy of those who have carved a place in the history of Mt. Washington.

free templates

This free website was made using Yola.

No HTML skills required. Build your website in minutes.

Go to www.yola.com and sign up today!

Make a free website with Yola